To comply with the recent FTC ruling over bloggers getting paid to write stuff, I offer the following disclosure policy. If you’re reading my blog, you should assume the following:
• I make money from every post I put on this blog. If I’m not making money from every blog post, then it was an oversight on my part and it will be corrected soon.
• Every link on this blog is a paid link. If it is not a paid link, then it was an oversight on my part and it will become a paid link soon.
• Every product I write about on this blog, I get for free. If I didn’t get it for free, then there was a miss-communication with the company that sent it and I will be billing them for the cost so the product becomes free.
• I make money from every Facebook Post I send out on Facebook. If I didn’t make money on the post, then it was an oversight on my part and it will be corrected soon.
• I make money from every tweet I send out on Twitter. If I didn’t make money on the tweet, then it was an oversight on my part and it will be corrected soon.
• If you email me, all of the information in your email is mine to do with as I please, such as exploit for financial profit, use as blackmail, or quote on my blog, etc.
• The clothing you see me wear at trade shows. I get paid to wear them. If I didn’t get paid to wear them, then it means I ran out of paid clothing and had to wear something free. In which case, I will go to the company that gave me the free clothing and ask them to sponsor it.
• If something on the internet is making a lot of money, you can bet I will be in on it. If I’m not in on it, then it was an oversight on my part and it will be corrected soon.
• Just because I get paid to blog, tweet, post, wear clothing, etc. does NOT mean I will give you or your company a positive review, blog post or endorsement. As a matter of fact, chances are pretty high that I might slam you.
Hopefully, the above statement clears up any misunderstanding you may have about my blog posts, Facebook Posts, or Twitter tweets. If you have any questions, you can contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Just remember what I said about emails.